Wild. Pure. Peaceful.
Known for its beautiful beaches, volcanoes and biodiversity, Costa Rica is a nature lover’s paradise! A quarter of the land is made up of national parks and protected jungle, the largest in the world as a percentage of the country’s territory. Home to a rich variety of flora and fauna and diverse wildlife including spider monkeys, the quetzal bird and the three-toed sloth, Costa Rica has only 0.03% of the world’s landmass, but is estimated to contain 5% of the world’s biodiversity. Costa Rica offers a variety of landscapes, microclimates and something for everyone. Whether it is adventure, surfing, hiking or relaxation that you are seeking, this path is sure to lead to a wildly wonderful experience.
The spirit of Costa Rica embraces the Pura Vida lifestyle. Meaning ‘Pure Life’, this mantra permeates the lifestyle and is the heart of Costa Rica’s cultural appeal. Relax into the easy going vibes of this beautiful land and find freedom of heart. We will explore yogic purification techniques and feast on the abundance of fresh tropical fruits and vegetables available that will provide the cleansing that your body needs. This program emphasises the purification of mind, body and spirit.
Our yoga teacher training program in Costa Rica offers the unique opportunity to explore ancient yogic wisdoms while restoring harmony and balance into your daily existence. Our close proximity to the ocean offers the opportunity to explore the art of surfing, another flow-based spiritual practice that allows one to tap into a deep sense of connection and find oneness and peace with all that is. The ebb and flow of the waves teach us to flow with grace in this ever-changing journey of life. We find stillness within the movement, peace permeates our being.
- Wake with the sun, breath and practice in the open air, move to the sounds and rhythms of the jungle
- Feel the powerful abundance of nature, living close to the earth to nourish your soul
- Learn a holistic approach to yogic living
- Earth Medicine, Sacred Ceremony and purification practices
- Deepen your practice and dive into your process of self transformation
- Feel yourself become purified by the healing power of the ocean
- Daily meditation, yoga, spiritual lessons
- Becoming a certified yoga teacher! (Yoga Alliance approved)
- Visit waterfalls, tide pools and beautiful beaches
- Hiking, ziplining and adventure
- Find peace and harmony through spiritual surfing
- Fresh tropical fruits and vegetables to feed your spirit
The Indigo Yoga Resort is a boutique hotel in Mal Pais catering to yoga, surfing and healthy living. It is just steps away from the Pacific Ocean and provides everything one needs in seeking relaxation and comfort. There is surfing and beach time built into the schedule and we will organize a daily shuttle to the surf breaks. Located on the tip of the Nicoya Peninsula, the Mal Pais and Santa Teresa surfing zone is known for its year round consistent waves. The average swell running in the 3-5 foot range breaking over beautiful sand beaches.
Playa Carmen, 2 kilometers from Indigo Yoga Resort, will be our most common surf spot. Depending on participant needs and abilities, we will also have opportunities to go to the surf breaks at Banana Beach, Santa Teresa and Playa Hermosa. There is also opportunity to experience Stand Up Paddleboarding (‘SUPing’) right in Mal Pais.
The color indigo represents the highest vibration. Your experience at Indigo Yoga Resort will be one of soul surfing and living in your highest sense of self. Indigo offers contemporary tropical accommodations while embracing traditional Costa Rican ambience & culture. Indigo is nestled in a lush green setting with an abundance of beautiful tropical flowers, trees, and native wildlife. You will enjoy watching the Howler & Capuchin monkeys hang in the trees as well as a large variety of tropical birds. Indigo is situated in a biodiversity hotspot, perfect for the nature enthusiast.
All of the rooms include A/C, ceiling fans, private bathrooms with hot water & “open-sky” showers, hammocks and a room safe box.
Website: Indigo Yoga Resort
For more information on getting to the Indigo Yoga Resort, please click here.
Optional day off activities
- surfing, zip line, waterfall tour, horseback riding, snorkeling, day trip to Cabuya, Playa Hermosa and more!
Your facilitators are experienced surfers who can help with beginner instruction, feedback and knowledge of the local area. For those wanting extra instructions, we can help arrange additional surf lessons and excursions through NALU surf shop. They can provide shuttles for surf lessons during breaks and days off. IF YOU ALREADY SURF….PLEASE FEEL FREE TO BRING YOUR OWN BOARD!
Nalu Surf Packages:
Surf lessons are 1.5 hr with use of the board the whole day of the lesson, includes transport and loan of a rash guard
- Group lesson (up to 4 people): $45 – 1 day course $120 – 3 day course $190 – 5 day course
- Private lessons $60 per lesson
- Stand up paddle boarding $60 for 2 hr lesson/tour SUP rental: $40 for 24 hr or $240 a week
- ONLY Rental no lessons: Surfboards $10 for 24 hr $7 for half day (6hr) $ 60 a week ($180 for 3 weeks)
- Buy a used board for around $250 and sell it back half price in the same condition
- Beach cruiser bikes $8 for 24 hr $48 for a week