200hr Yoga Teacher Training
200HR Yoga Teacher Training Program
The Sacred Paths 21 day 200hr Yoga Teacher Training programs blend traditional yogic teachings and spirituality with earth medicine to provide a holistic, synergistic and applicable approach to living this practice. This program is designed for those souls with an interest in yoga, spirituality and meditation and an interest in deepening that connection to live your life with intention and more fully aligned with your truth.
Our 200hr Yoga Teacher Training offers an opportunity for self growth, personal development and transformation while providing the tools necessary to develop your own personal practice or to step into your calling as teacher and guide. We will explore yoga history and philosophy, anatomy, alignment, yogic diet, Ayurveda, healing arts and more while tapping into the expansiveness of this practice. The experience will be richly informative, empowering and inspiring.
Awaken to your heart’s calling as you embark upon this sacred path.
Nov. 4 – 24 2018
Jan. 6 – Jan. 26 2019
Apr. 24 – May 14 2019
Sept. 13 – Oct. 3 2019
Nov. 30 – Dec. 20 2018
Jan. 24 – Feb. 13 2019
March 5 – 25 2019
May 21 – June 10 2019
What to Expect
Typical Daily Schedule
- 06:00 – 09:00am Meditation, Pranayama, Asana
- 09:00 – 10:00am Breakfast
- 10:00 – 11:00am Spiritual Lesson, Daily Intention
- 11:00 – 12:00pm Yoga Sutras / Yoga Anatomy
- 12:00 – 1:00pm Special Topic
- 01:00 – 3:00pm Lunch
- 03:00 – 6:00pm The Art of teaching/ Art of touch
- 06:00 -7:00pm Dinner
- 07:00 – 8:00pm Satsang (Sacred Gathering)
- 08:00 – 9:00pm DreamTime
- Experienced, Talented, Knowledgable & Dedicated Facilitators
- Morning Meditation, Pranayama & Asana Practice
- Native American Medicine Wheel Philosophy
- Yoga Sutras and Ancient Texts
- In Depth Yoga Anatomy
- Daily Intention and Spiritual Lesson
- Art of Teaching and Alignment
- Incredible locations
- Delicious Vegetarian Meals
- Friends, Family, Ceremony
- Kirtan, Music and Dance
Each training is a unique experience dependent on the location, the facilitators and the energy of each group. The Sacred Paths core curriculum can be found in all location and throughout all trainings, the core curriculum is the guiding path to open the space for individual and group growth.
The Sacred Paths Yoga 200hr Yoga Teacher Training is a 21 day journey divided into four cycles of 4 days with a day off in between each. Throughout each cycle, we will use one of the four elements Earth, Water, Fire and Air as our guide and as the foundation of our experience for lessons, insights, ceremony and healing. Each cycle we go deeper into our journey of learning and revealing with this potent Earth Medicine.
We start each day with an intention, a spiritual lesson of the day, that we weave throughout the day’s teachings and live within our own personal practice. We begin each morning in a beautiful location connecting with nature and ourselves through sunrise meditation, pranayama and asana practice, honoring silence in this sacred time.
This is followed by a yogic breakfast, nourishing our bodies and spirits with wholesome organic vegetarian food. The experience of the day is one of learning and living yogic theory and healing practices through interactive workshops, classes and dynamic group discussions.
In the morning classes, we explore the fundamentals of yogic living, anatomy, meditation, cleansing practices, pranayama, Ayurveda and the ancient wisdom of the Yoga Sutras through interactive and comprehensive lectures.
In the afternoon classes, we share Art of Teaching and Art of Touch/ Alignment in which students practice peer teaching.In the first half of the training, students learn and practice teaching our Sacred Flow sequence. We also take an in depth look at alignment, adjustments, benefits and contraindication of each pose. In the second half of the training, we will explore other yogic traditions (Hatha, Restorative, Yin), share the fundamentals of intelligent sequencing, theme weaving and study advanced poses and techniques. Students will also create their own full sequence from the tools provided, share through peer teaching and receive feedback from their peers and facilitators.
Each evening we close with Satsang, our sacred community gathering, which may be meditation, kirtan, chanting, sacred ceremony or a sharing circle to connect and release the day’s challenges, triumphs, insights and joys.
The day flows within a safe container, held and guided by experienced spaceholders in inspiring locations.
We view yoga as a spiritual practice, as a path to self-realization, union, bliss, conscious connection, deepened awareness and mindful living. Throughout this process we explore different paths to Union including movement, song, dance, chanting, ceremony and more! In this journey, we embody yogic living, fully immersing ourselves in the experience of living and breathing this practice on and off our mat with our beloved community as our unwaivering support system. This path asks for dedication, discipline and courage to look deep within to uncover our truth and our own authentic connection. Without our daily distractions, habits and patterns, a new way of perceiving the world is revealed.
Everyone is accepted, supported and encouraged through their process. Through our community we create a comfortable safe space to facilitate growth and expansion on all levels.
With highly experienced facilitators and an integrative approach, our trainings are designed to deepen your personal experience and knowledge of Yoga and to help transform all aspects of your life. Sacred Paths Yoga Teacher Training Program guides students to become empowered practitioners and to step into their own voice as teachers.
During the 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Program you will…
- Explore traditional yogic teachings, Earth Medicine and spirituality in a process of self-inquiry and personal growth
- Learn to teach our Sacred Flow Vinyasa sequence as well as receive guidance on creating and teaching your own unique sequences
- Explore traditional Hatha, Restorative, Yin and Prenatal yoga
- Experience yogic living, deepen your personal practice and commitment to this path
- Practice daily Meditation, Pranayama and Asana
- Experience a Spiritual Immersion
- Explore the Art of Teaching, Touch and Alignment to gain knowledge, insight and clarity
- Practice Kirtan, chanting and medicine songs from around the world as we experience Bhakti bliss!
- Nightly evening gatherings, Satsang, to reflect on the day’s journey and insights
- Experience ceremony, including Full and New Moon Ceremonies, Fire Ceremony, Water Blessing Ceremony, Earth Gratitude Ceremony, Puja (Hindi offering), Cacao ceremony and more!
- Study Yoga Anatomy & Physiology and applicable techniques to incorporate these principles into your own teaching and practice
- Study Yoga Sutras and philosophy
- Explore Chakras, Bandhas & energetic anatomy
- Study Ayurveda and experience the Yogic Diet
- Practice Advanced Pranayama
- Learn Kriyas, yogic cleansing techniques
- Practice how to integrate Yoga into your daily life through Spiritual Lessons and Art of Living discussion
- Learn the art of yoga marketing and explore your vision for bringing this practice into your community
Upon completion of the coursework, peer teaching and evaluation, participants will receive a certification of completion which will then enable you to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200).
Learn More About
200hr Yoga Teacher Training Prerequisites
This 200hr Yoga Teacher Training program is open to practitioners of all levels and abilities, from beginner to advanced. We offer modifications and variations of the poses so you can cultivate a practice that fits your needs and so that you can teach classes that are accessible to all populations. We encourage you to establish your own personal yoga practice by attending classes or workshops leading up to the program.
Prior to the training, we recommend that students practice along with our online videos several times per weeks to prepare the body and mind for the journey ahead. We will break down these sequences in depth during the course so it is advised to become familiar with them.
We invite you to set intention, with an open heart and mind, to fully commit to and embrace the yogic lifestyle during your training and beyond, to let go of expectations and to fully surrender to the experience.
This course is not only developed for those who are called to become yoga teachers, but also for those who have intention to deepen their own practice and knowledge, to become embodied yoga practitioners, to step into a spiritual journey of soul and to heal, reveal and awaken.
Sacred Paths is for the spiritual seeker, the worldwide traveler, the inspired and the adventurous yogi
Required Reading for the Course:
- Sacred Paths Yoga School Teacher Training Manual by Dedicated Yogi’s
- Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
Suggested Pre-Course Reading:
- Teaching Yoga by Mark Stephens
- Anatomy of the Spirit by Caroline Myss
- Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar
General Reading Recommendations:
- Light on Life by BKS Iyengar
- Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- The Four Insights: Wisdom, Power, and Grace of the Earthkeepers by Alberto Villoldo
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho