200hr Yoga Teacher Training
200HR Yoga Teacher Training Program
The Sacred Paths 21 day 200hr Yoga Teacher Training programs blend traditional yogic teachings and spirituality with earth medicine to provide a holistic, synergistic and applicable approach to living this practice. This program is designed for those souls with an interest in yoga, spirituality and meditation and an interest in deepening that connection to live your life with intention and more fully aligned with your truth.
Our 200hr Yoga Teacher Training offers an opportunity for self growth, personal development and transformation while providing the tools necessary to develop your own personal practice or to step into your calling as teacher and guide. We will explore yoga history and philosophy, anatomy, alignment, yogic diet, Ayurveda, healing arts and more while tapping into the expansiveness of this practice. The experience will be richly informative, empowering and inspiring.
Awaken to your heart’s calling as you embark upon this sacred path.
Apr. 24 – May 14 2019
Sept. 13 – Oct. 3 2019
Nov. 3 – 23 2019
Jan. 12 – Feb. 1 2020
Nov. 30 – Dec. 20 2019
Jan. 24 – Feb. 13 2020
March 5 – 25 2019
May 21 – June 10 2019
What to Expect
Typical Daily Schedule
- 06:00 – 09:00am Meditation, Pranayama, Asana
- 09:00 – 10:00am Breakfast
- 10:00 – 11:00am Spiritual Lesson, Daily Intention
- 11:00 – 12:00pm Yoga Sutras / Yoga Anatomy
- 12:00 – 1:00pm Special Topic
- 01:00 – 3:00pm Lunch
- 03:00 – 6:00pm The Art of teaching/ Art of touch
- 06:00 -7:00pm Dinner
- 07:00 – 8:00pm Satsang (Sacred Gathering)
- 08:00 – 9:00pm DreamTime
- Experienced, Talented, Knowledgable & Dedicated Facilitators
- Morning Meditation, Pranayama & Asana Practice
- Native American Medicine Wheel Philosophy
- Yoga Sutras and Ancient Texts
- In Depth Yoga Anatomy
- Daily Intention and Spiritual Lesson
- Art of Teaching and Alignment
- Incredible locations
- Delicious Vegetarian Meals
- Friends, Family, Ceremony
- Kirtan, Music and Dance
Each training is a unique experience dependent on the location, the facilitators and the energy of each group. The Sacred Paths core curriculum can be found in all location and throughout all trainings, the core curriculum is the guiding path to open the space for individual and group growth.
The Sacred Paths Yoga 200hr Yoga Teacher Training is a 21 day journey divided into four cycles of 4 days with a day off in between each. Throughout each cycle, we will use one of the four elements Earth, Water, Fire and Air as our guide and as the foundation of our experience for lessons, insights, ceremony and healing. Each cycle we go deeper into our journey of learning and revealing with this potent Earth Medicine.
We start each day with an intention, a spiritual lesson of the day, that we weave throughout the day’s teachings and live within our own personal practice. We begin each morning in a beautiful location connecting with nature and ourselves through sunrise meditation, pranayama and asana practice, honoring silence in this sacred time.
This is followed by a yogic breakfast, nourishing our bodies and spirits with wholesome organic vegetarian food. The experience of the day is one of learning and living yogic theory and healing practices through interactive workshops, classes and dynamic group discussions.
In the morning classes, we explore the fundamentals of yogic living, anatomy, meditation, cleansing practices, pranayama, Ayurveda and the ancient wisdom of the Yoga Sutras through interactive and comprehensive lectures.
In the afternoon classes, we share Art of Teaching and Art of Touch/ Alignment in which students practice peer teaching.In the first half of the training, students learn and practice teaching our Sacred Flow sequence. We also take an in depth look at alignment, adjustments, benefits and contraindication of each pose. In the second half of the training, we will explore other yogic traditions (Hatha, Restorative, Yin), share the fundamentals of intelligent sequencing, theme weaving and study advanced poses and techniques. Students will also create their own full sequence from the tools provided, share through peer teaching and receive feedback from their peers and facilitators.
Each evening we close with Satsang, our sacred community gathering, which may be meditation, kirtan, chanting, sacred ceremony or a sharing circle to connect and release the day’s challenges, triumphs, insights and joys.
The day flows within a safe container, held and guided by experienced spaceholders in inspiring locations.
We view yoga as a spiritual practice, as a path to self-realization, union, bliss, conscious connection, deepened awareness and mindful living. Throughout this process we explore different paths to Union including movement, song, dance, chanting, ceremony and more! In this journey, we embody yogic living, fully immersing ourselves in the experience of living and breathing this practice on and off our mat with our beloved community as our unwaivering support system. This path asks for dedication, discipline and courage to look deep within to uncover our truth and our own authentic connection. Without our daily distractions, habits and patterns, a new way of perceiving the world is revealed.
Everyone is accepted, supported and encouraged through their process. Through our community we create a comfortable safe space to facilitate growth and expansion on all levels.
With highly experienced facilitators and an integrative approach, our trainings are designed to deepen your personal experience and knowledge of Yoga and to help transform all aspects of your life. Sacred Paths Yoga Teacher Training Program guides students to become empowered practitioners and to step into their own voice as teachers.
During the 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Program you will…
- Explore traditional yogic teachings, Earth Medicine and spirituality in a process of self-inquiry and personal growth
- Learn to teach our Sacred Flow Vinyasa sequence as well as receive guidance on creating and teaching your own unique sequences
- Explore traditional Hatha, Restorative, Yin and Prenatal yoga
- Experience yogic living, deepen your personal practice and commitment to this path
- Practice daily Meditation, Pranayama and Asana
- Experience a Spiritual Immersion
- Explore the Art of Teaching, Touch and Alignment to gain knowledge, insight and clarity
- Practice Kirtan, chanting and medicine songs from around the world as we experience Bhakti bliss!
- Nightly evening gatherings, Satsang, to reflect on the day’s journey and insights
- Experience ceremony, including Full and New Moon Ceremonies, Fire Ceremony, Water Blessing Ceremony, Earth Gratitude Ceremony, Puja (Hindi offering), Cacao ceremony and more!
- Study Yoga Anatomy & Physiology and applicable techniques to incorporate these principles into your own teaching and practice
- Study Yoga Sutras and philosophy
- Explore Chakras, Bandhas & energetic anatomy
- Study Ayurveda and experience the Yogic Diet
- Practice Advanced Pranayama
- Learn Kriyas, yogic cleansing techniques
- Practice how to integrate Yoga into your daily life through Spiritual Lessons and Art of Living discussion
- Learn the art of yoga marketing and explore your vision for bringing this practice into your community
Upon completion of the coursework, peer teaching and evaluation, participants will receive a certification of completion which will then enable you to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200).
Learn More About
200hr Yoga Teacher Training Prerequisites
This 200hr Yoga Teacher Training program is open to practitioners of all levels and abilities, from beginner to advanced. We offer modifications and variations of the poses so you can cultivate a practice that fits your needs and so that you can teach classes that are accessible to all populations. We encourage you to establish your own personal yoga practice by attending classes or workshops leading up to the program.
Prior to the training, we recommend that students practice along with our online videos several times per weeks to prepare the body and mind for the journey ahead. We will break down these sequences in depth during the course so it is advised to become familiar with them.
We invite you to set intention, with an open heart and mind, to fully commit to and embrace the yogic lifestyle during your training and beyond, to let go of expectations and to fully surrender to the experience.
This course is not only developed for those who are called to become yoga teachers, but also for those who have intention to deepen their own practice and knowledge, to become embodied yoga practitioners, to step into a spiritual journey of soul and to heal, reveal and awaken.
Sacred Paths is for the spiritual seeker, the worldwide traveler, the inspired and the adventurous yogi
Required Reading for the Course:
- Sacred Paths Yoga School Teacher Training Manual by Dedicated Yogi’s
- Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
Suggested Pre-Course Reading:
- Teaching Yoga by Mark Stephens
- Anatomy of the Spirit by Caroline Myss
- Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar
General Reading Recommendations:
- Light on Life by BKS Iyengar
- Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- The Four Insights: Wisdom, Power, and Grace of the Earthkeepers by Alberto Villoldo
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
“I was called to Costa Rica to couple my advancement with a deep spiritual cleanse and ran with it, only to find one of the best experiences I could have imagined -- far exceeding any expectation I set and more deeply purifying than I initially recognized I needed.”
“Transformative, ceremonial, empowering, playful, genuine heart connection. Felt so vital, strong, wise and IN THE BHAV after my training!”
"The 200hr training was a step towards my health and I can feel new pathways opening up in my system. There is space and expansion in places that I havn't felt for a while and this is just one of the gifts that I have received. It was a journey of movement, laughter and ritual and the beauty of it was the on-going knowlege that rained on us - colourful, rich and full of Life. That's Sacred Paths Yoga."
- “I did A LOT of research before I chose my teacher training, so believe me you’re doing right taking a look at Sacred Paths Yoga. I wanted to deepen my yoga practice & my own spiritual journey, so I liked how the program blended traditional ashtanga yoga, hatha, anatomy & classes about both Ayurveda & shamanism. I also got a good vibe from the teachers & the Bali spirit. Honestly I had high hopes on my the teacher training in Bali, but I didn’t got disappointed. SPY gave more than I expected, a lot of sutra lessons, satsangs, ecstatic dance and the asana alignment will forever improve my yoga. The teaching was one good thing, but equally contributing to my great 21 days was the wonderful place Dragonfly Village with its delicious sattvic food and all the beautiful and brave yoginis I had beside me. I have recommended SPY to all I talked to. Wherever you will go I’m sure you gonna have a fun, heartwarming, challenging & life changing journey. Feel both nervous & proud, vulnerable & strong. I wish you a blissful start on your embarking yoga journey! Aho!”
Sacred Paths is an incredible institution! Their 200-RYT was transformation, well-structured, and inclusive. I felt like I learned more from Darin and Lacey in 3 weeks than I had in all of the previous years of personal practice and attending classes. They have artfully drawn from a variety of cultures and disciplines in a way that allows students to take what serves them and begin to formulate their own model of what it means to live a yogic life. Beyond learning, this was a well-facilitated opportunity to unplug in a beautiful place and reconnect with yourself and those around you. Kudos to this team!
I have heard it said before: Yoga Teacher Training Changes your life. But how can 21 days change your whole outlook I asked? After my 200 hours YTT this is my answer: The SPY facilitators created a sacred and safe environment for us to learn and grow from curious students into confident, radiating teachers. They held a space where we could realize, face and release our fears and self made problems. We were guided towards identifying with our passion and manifesting it. I am so grateful that I decided to sign up with Sacred Path Yoga. Not only did I become a yoga teacher, I also found a spiritual family and found my passion and the strength to follow my path.
My name is Sian, I studied with Lacy and Darin / Sacred Paths Yoga at the start of 2018. I can honestly say it was the most incredible, transformational experience of my life. Darin and Lacey are beautiful guides, I feel I’ve made life long friends in themselves and my class peers. Since coming home I feel like a renewed, better version of my old self. We learnt so much on so many different levels during the course. I cannot recommend these beautiful souls enough and words don’t express how amazing the experience was. I look forward to studying my 300hrs with Darin and Lacey. Love and light, always, Sian x
I was guided through my 200hr YTT by two inspirational women, Lacey and Sri. They brought a wealth of knowledge and experience of yoga, as well as shamanic practices, and worked in perfect harmony together. Their transformational teaching and leadership style allowed me to learn from my experiences and grow through what I go through. I met a tribe of kindred spirits from all walks of life and connected more deeply with my true self. Lacey and Sri were genuinely interested in each individual and nurtured self-love and compassion within every student which will have a ripple effect on our communities and beyond!
This has been a life changing, life giving, heart opening yoga journey experience. Lacey and Sri are both so inspiring and have put their resources, heart and soul into us and I am forever grateful for this experience. I am officially a yoga teacher but I have also learned so much more!
How difficult it is to find words to describe my experience with Sacred Paths Yoga. I was fortunate to attend the 200 hour teacher training in Bali with Lacey, Srimati and Darin. As a lover of yoga and Nurse Practitioner, I felt that there was "more" out there other than going to yoga before or after work, working with sick people all day and repeating over and over and over again. Beyond exhausting, physically, spiritually and emotionally. The balance just wasn't there and my life was not sustainable. Change was necessary before complete burnout set in. I decided to leave my high paying, 60 hour a week job, kiss my husband and 2 year old goodbye for 4 weeks and set out on an experience of a lifetime. Life changing. While at training, I was able to gain the tools, emotionally and spiritually, to move on to the next step in my life, opening a yoga studio, bringing yoga to more people, allowing people a space of love and light and help them balance the stresses we battle every single day. I had such a wonderful experience, I am sending the manager of my soon to open studio, CaliFlo Yoga Collective, to teacher training in Bali and our lovable assistant and soon to be yoga instructor to Guatemala though Sacred Paths Yoga so we can be aligned in practice and our understanding of yoga, while running a business together. Lacey and Darin have created a truly unique experience in the most beautiful places on our Earth. Anyone who is able to attend a Sacred Paths course shouldn't second guess, DO IT, you will not regret your decision.