Please review the following information as you begin to prepare for your Yoga Teacher Training Course in Ubud, Bali.
This training will be held at Shambala in Bodalem, Bali on the North Shore of Bali.
Shambala Oceanside Resort Contact Info
Shambala Oceanside Resort, Pantai Bondalem Bali
It is important that everyone make full tuition payment before the training begins. Please remember there is a cost for Tuition and a separate cost for Room/Board (price varies).
If you still owe tuition or room/board payment, please contact us immediately to reconcile your bill. Thanks for your prompt payments: email@example.com
TRAVEL/COVID ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- All Visitors to Bali must have a full round of vaccinations (1 J&J or 2 Others)
- All Visitors must download and make us of the SATUSEHAT App in the App Store on your device. You will need this to enter Indonesia, it replaces the Penduli Lindungi App, you will find the correct links for your participants in the above link.
PASSPORT & VISA
- Your passport needs to be valid for more than 6 months at the time of your arrival.
- Upon your arrival, as you come through passport control, you will receive your FREE one month VISA on arrival, which is NON EXTENDABLE!
***After 30 days you must leave Indonesia or pay a daily fine of 200,00 IRP per day.
- There are some exceptions and you can find useful information HERE
- 45 countries are now FREE of charge, as of 9. June 2015. PLEASE have a look at the LIST OF NO FEE VISA on ARRIVAL COUNRTIES HERE:
- For all not-listed countries a fee of 35.- US Dollars will be charged. Please bring exact change with you.
***If you need to stay longer than 30 days in Indonesia, you need to purchase a VISA ON ARRIVAL
VISA ON ARRIVAL
30 days extensions for all stays of more than 30 days
You must purchase your VISA ON ARRIVAL at the VISA ON ARRIVAL desk when you get off the plane, BEFORE you pass through the immigration officer. This VISA ON ARRIVAL is $35 USD and allows you to extend your Visa an additional 30 days for 60 days total visit. You will need to finalize your VISA ON ARRIVAL extension before your initial 30 dates in the country is complete. There are many visa services that can help you with this final extension. It costs another $30-$60 USD for the final extension (this is in addition to the $35 you paid for the VISA ON ARRIVAL) The Visa Service will need to take your passport to Denpasar to be processed and returned to you or you can go to Denpasar and spend half the day with the Visa Service.
If you overstay your Visa you will be required to pay 200,000 IRP per day that you have overstayed your Visa.
You can book your international flight to Bali’s International Airport > DPS – Ngurah Rai Airport, Denpasar, Indonesia. The airport is located in Southern Bali and is less than 5 minutes from Kuta beach, 10 minutes from Seminyak, 20 minutes from Canggu and 1 hr from Ubud (depending on traffic.)
We recommend travel insurance from World Nomads. Check with your local insurance provider first to see if you are insured while traveling.
Travel Booking websites: It is a good idea to try booking tickets on a Monday, as the prices tend to be a bit cheaper. Flights that leave midweek can also be less expensive
MONEY & ATM
The currency in Bali is Indonesian Rupiah. We suggest to exchange your money outside the airport for the best rate. There are ATMs located on the main road in Ubud and ATMs can also be easily found throughout Bali.
Currency exchange stores are also abundant in Bali and have set rates.
Current rate is approx. 14,000 IRP to $1 USD
- Check In begins at 3 pm on the first day of the training. It is possibles to arrive early and store bags
- There may be an optional yoga class from 4 to 5:30 pm.
- We will have dinner at 6:00 pm followed by our opening ceremony at 7:00 pm.
On the last day of the training we will finish by 10 am. Dragonfly Village can help to arrange your taxi to the airport or other Bali destination.
Our daily schedule will generally be:
- 06:00 am – 09:00 am Meditation. Pranayama and Asana practice
- 09:00 am – 10:00 am Breakfast and Self Sadhana
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am Spiritual Lesson, Intention of the day
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Yoga Sutras/ Yoga Anatomy
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Special Topic
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Lunch and Self Sadhana
- 03:00 pm – 6:00 pm The Art of teaching/ Art of touch
- 06:00 pm – 7:00 pm Dinner/Self Sadhana
- 07:00 pm – 8:00 pm Sacred Circle/Gathering
Every 5th day is an off day. There will be 3 days off during the training. Excursion options include:
- Rice Field and Cultural Tours
- Waterfall tours
- Volcano hikes
- Massage/spa services
- Raw food/ Vegan Cooking or Balinese Cooking Course
- Handicraft markets
All extra activities vary in price, most can be arranged through the hotel on arrival or the day before your planned excursion.
SICK DAYS/MISSED DAYS
We will make arrangements to make up any missed days during the program. Typically, it is not a problem and you can get everything completed during the course.
There are a few required books for the program.
- SPY Yoga Teacher Training Manual – we will have it waiting for you at the training site.
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff – purchase at Amazon or your local bookstore.
- “Yoga Sutras of Patanjali” by Dennis Hill or any other author – purchase at Amazon or your local bookstore.
*Additional books that you may be interested in can be found on the SPY website
Laundry is available onsite through Dragonfly Village. Fill out the laundry form provided in your room and bring your laundry with the slip to the front desk. Laundry will be done in 24 – 48 hours. Laundry is charged by the Kilo and is approx. $8/ Kilo
The amazing meals at Dragonfly Village are all vegetarian with many vegetable grown onsite in the organic garden. If you have certain dietary needs or restrictions, please let us know (i.e., gluten, dairy, nut preferences sensitivities or allergies.)
Filtered water will be provided in the rooms, the yoga studio and the cafe. In general, do not drink tap water in Indonesia without first purifying.
We recommend you consult with your doctor prior to your trip to get any questions answered. http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/indonesia
WHAT TO PACK
- Refillable Water Bottle
- Bathing suits
- Sun Block
- Biodegradable shampoo, soap, etc
- All-natural bug repellent (All Terrain, Herbal Armor and Burts Bees are great!)
- Lightweight, long-sleeved shirts and pants
- 5 yoga outfits
- T-shirts and shorts
- Headlamps and flashlights
- Yoga Mat, yoga towel
- White or other ceremonial dress
- Any snacks/superfoods you like between meals
- Musical Instruments
- Art Supplies
- Journal and pens
- Course Textbooks
If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us by phone or email. Also, we would love to know how you found out about us, so when you send us your flight information, please let us know how you discovered Sacred Paths Yoga! We are looking forward to having you here, ready to embark on this life changing journey, shedding away our layers to become our truest self.
The Sacred Paths Yoga Family