Guatemala | 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
Please review the following information as you begin to prepare for your Yoga Teacher Training Course in San Marcos, Guatemala.
This experience will be hosted at Arco Isis Sanctuary a transformational retreat and garden sanctuary on the mountainside overlooking San Marcos La Laguna, Lake Atitlán, Guatemala.
They are dedicated to rejuvenating holistic practices and healing modalities as well as preserving Mayan traditions and practicing sustainability and permaculture. Dive deep into the refreshing natural beauty of this stunning landscape. Within the vast, majestic horizons, you’ll find a deeper connection with your heart’s song and a rejuvenated sense of well being.
Arco Isis Sanctuary San Marcos, Guatemala
Phone: USA (+1) -253-732-8166 Guatemala (+502) 4781-1341
DIRECTIONS TO ARCO ISIS SANCTUARY
Arco Isis is located on Lake Atitlan in San Marcos la Laguna.
- It is highly suggested to go from Guatemala City Airport to Antigua ($10 USD) and spend a night in Antigua then take a shuttle the next morning to San Marcos. Try www.Booking.com for hotels and hostels in Antigua (Selina’s is a popular and safe hostel.) Dorm beds are as low as $8 USD.
HOW TO BOOK A SHUTTLE
- Most hotels in Antigua can help to book your Shuttle to San Marcos, Lake Atitlan. We suggest the 8:30 am shuttle (approx. $20 USD)
- We can also provide you with a WhatsApp number of a shuttle service so you can message and book directly. You can book directly from the airport or Antigua.
***Please note that the shuttle sometimes drops you off in San Pablo, if that is the route, then the shuttle company will include a Tuk Tuk (for free) to take you the last 10 minutes to San Marcos***
The Meeting Point is the Shangrl-La Coffee Rostery and store. Their store sells many goods including kombucha, toothpaste, snacks, etc.
- From San Marcos Shuttle Drop Off, take any Tuk Tuk (10Q) and ask for the entrance to Arco Isis or Shangri-la. From there our staff will meet you to carry your items up to the Sanctuary.
- It is a 20 minute hike from the Meeting Point to the Arco Isis Sanctuary and the path is quite steep. Please be sure to bring water with you on the hike up. Don’t forget to occasionally look back at the incredible views.
It is important that everyone make full tuition payment before the training begins. Please remember there is a cost for Tuition and a separate cost for Room/Board (price varies).
If you still owe tuition or room/board payment, please contact us to reconcile your bill. Thanks for your prompt payments: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shared Double Occupancy – 1 bed in 2 person share: $1,450
Dormitory – $1155
Glamping – $1150 includes bed and bedding
- Fly to Guatemala City Aurora International Airport (GUA)
We recommend travel insurance from World Nomads. Check with your local insurance provider first to see if you are insured while traveling.
Travel Booking websites: It is a good idea to try booking tickets on a Monday, as the prices tend to be a bit cheaper. Flights that leave midweek can also be less expensive
- You can access ATMs in Guatemala City, Antigua, Panajachel, San Pedro and San Marcos (not very reliable.) If you have cash (USD/ Euros), you can exchange at the bank or currency exchange places but they will only except 100’s in perfect condition (any tear, pen mark or stamp will make the bill void in Guatemala)
- Make sure to contact your bank before you leave your country regarding your travel dates so you can access money from your bank/ATM.
- We recommend against travelers checks, as they are not accepted everywhere.
- Approximate Exchange rates $1 = 7.1 Guatemalan Quetzales
On the first day of the training there will be an optional yoga class from 4 to 5:30 pm. We suggest to arrive between 2 pm and 4 pm. We will have dinner at 6:00 pm followed by our opening ceremony at 7:00 pm.
On the last day of the training we will finish by 10 am.
Our daily schedule will generally be:
- 06:00 am – 09:00 am Meditation. Pranayama and Asana practice
- 09:00 am – 10:00 am Breakfast and Self Sadhana
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am Spiritual Lesson, Intention of the day
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Yoga Sutras/ Yoga Anatomy
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Special Topic
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Lunch and Self Sadhana
- 03:00 pm – 6:00 pm The Art of teaching/ Art of touch
- 06:00 pm – 7:00 pm Dinner/Self Sadhana
- 07:00 pm – 8:00 pm Sacred Circle
- 08:00 pm – 9:00 pm Self Sadhana
- 09:00 pm DreamTime
Every 5th day is an off day. There will be 3 days off during the training. Excursion options include:
- Cultural Tours
- Waterfall tours
- Volcano hikes
- Stand Up Paddle boarding
- Massage/spa services
- Handicraft markets
All extra activities vary in price, most can be arranged on arrival or the day before your planned excursion.
SICK DAYS/MISSED DAYS
We will make arrangements to make up any missed days during the program. Typically, it is not a problem and you can get everything completed during the course.
There are a few required books for the program.
- SPY Yoga Teacher Training Manual – we will have it waiting for you at the training site.
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff – purchase at Amazon or your local bookstore.
- Yoga Sutras by Dennis Hill or any other Yoga Sutras book – purchase at Amazon or your local bookstore.
*Additional books that you may be interested in can be found on the SPY website
FOOD & WATER
The food provided is vegetarian, grown locally and organic when possible.
If you have certain dietary needs or restrictions, please let us know (i.e., gluten, dairy, nut preferences sensitivities or allergies.)
Water: Filtered water will be provided. In general, do not drink tap water in Guatemala without first purifying.
We recommend you consult with your doctor prior to your trip to get any questions answered.
WHAT TO PACK
- Refillable Water Bottle
- Bathing suits
- Sun Block
- Biodegradable shampoo, soap, etc
- All-natural bug repellent (All Terrain, Herbal Armor and Burts Bees are great!)
- Lightweight, long-sleeved shirts and pants
- 5 yoga outfits
- T-shirts and shorts
- Headlamps and flashlights
- Yoga Mat, yoga towel
- White or other ceremonial dress
- Any snacks/superfoods you like between meals
- Musical Instruments
- Art Supplies
- Journal and pens
- Course Textbooks
If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us by phone or email. Also, we would love to know how you found out about us, so when you send us your flight information, please let us know how you discovered Sacred Paths Yoga! We are looking forward to having you here, ready to embark on this life changing journey, shedding away our layers to become our truest self.
The Sacred Paths Yoga Family