A Day in the Life of a Yoga Teacher Training
Ever wonder what a typical day in our yoga teacher training immersions looks like? It is full on with intention, meditation, yoga, lecture, engaging discussion, transformational activities, play and more! Each training is a unique experience dependent on the location, the facilitators and the energy of each group. The Sacred Paths core curriculum can be found in all location and throughout all trainings, the core curriculum is the guiding path to open the space for individual and group growth.
The Sacred Paths Yoga 200hr YTT is a 21 day journey divided into four cycles of 4 days with a day off in between each. Throughout each cycle, we will use one of the four elements Earth, Water, Fire and Air as our guide and as the foundation of our experience for lessons, insights, ceremony and healing. Each cycle we go deeper into our journey of learning and revealing with this potent Earth Medicine.
We start each day with an intention, a spiritual lesson of the day, that we weave throughout the day’s teachings and live within our own personal practice. We begin each morning in a beautiful location connecting with nature and ourselves through sunrise meditation, pranayama and asana practice. This is followed by a yogic breakfast, nourishing our bodies and spirits with wholesome organic vegetarian food. The experience of the day is one of learning and living yogic theory and healing practices through interactive workshops, classes and dynamic group discussions. In the morning classes, we explore the fundamentals of yogic living, anatomy, meditation, cleansing practices, pranayama, Ayurveda and the ancient wisdom of the Yoga Sutras through interactive and comprehensive lectures. In the afternoon classes, we share Art of Teaching and Art of Touch/ Alignment in which we study alignment in depth and students practice peer teaching. In the first half of the training, students learn and practice teaching our Sacred Flow sequence. We also take an in depth look at alignment, adjustments, benefits and contraindication of each pose. In the second half of the training, we will explore other yogic traditions (Hatha, Restorative, Yin), share the fundamentals of intelligent sequencing, theme weaving and study advanced poses and techniques. Students will also create their own full sequence from the tools provided, share through peer teaching and receive feedback from their peers and facilitators. Each evening, we close the day with Satsang, our sacred community gathering, which may be meditation, kirtan, chanting, sacred ceremony or a sharing circle to connect and release the day’s challenges, triumphs, insights and joys.The day flows within a safe container, held and guided by experienced spaceholders in inspiring locations.
We view yoga as a spiritual practice, as a path to self-realization, union, bliss, conscious connection, deepened awareness and mindful living. Throughout this process we explore different paths to Union including movement, song, dance, chanting, ceremony and more! In this journey, we embody yogic living, fully immersing ourselves in the experience of living and breathing this practice on and off our mat with our beloved community as our unwavering support system. This path asks for dedication, discipline and courage to look deep within to uncover our truth and our own authentic connection. Without our daily distractions, habits and patterns, a new way of perceiving the world is revealed.
Everyone is accepted, supported and encouraged through their process. Through our community we create a comfortable safe space to facilitate growth and expansion on all levels.
We invite you to set intention, with an open heart and mind, to fully commit to and embrace the yogic lifestyle during your training and beyond, to let go of expectations and to fully surrender to the experience.
This course is not only developed for those who are called to become yoga teachers, but also for those who have intention to deepen their own practice and knowledge, to become embodied yoga practitioners, to step into a spiritual journey of soul and to heal, reveal and awaken. This program provides the tools to live your best life!
Sacred Paths is for the spiritual seeker, the worldwide traveler, the inspired and the adventurous yogi.
During the 200hr teacher training program you will:
- Explore traditional yogic teachings, Earth Medicine and spirituality in a process of self-inquiry and personal growth
- Learn to teach our Sacred Flow Vinyasa sequence as well as receive guidance on creating and teaching your own unique sequences
- Explore traditional Hatha, Restorative, Yin and Prenatal yoga
- Experience yogic living, deepen your personal practice and commitment to this path
- Practice daily Meditation, Pranayama and Asana
- Experience a Spiritual Immersion
- Explore the Art of Teaching, Touch and Alignment to gain knowledge, insight and clarity
- Practice Kirtan, chanting and medicine songs from around the world as we experience Bhakti bliss!
- Nightly evening gatherings, Satsang, to reflect on the day’s journey and insights
- Experience ceremony, including Full and New Moon Ceremonies, Fire Ceremony, Water Blessing Ceremony, Earth Gratitude Ceremony, Puja (Hindi offering), Cacao ceremony and more!
- Study Yoga Anatomy & Physiology and applicable techniques to incorporate these principles into your own teaching and practice
- Study Yoga Sutras and philosophy
- Explore Chakras, Bandhas & energetic anatomy
- Study Ayurveda and experience the Yogic Diet
- Practice Advanced Pranayama
- Learn Kriyas, yogic cleansing techniques
- Practice how to integrate Yoga into your daily life through Spiritual Lessons and Art of Living discussion
- Learn the art of yoga marketing and explore your vision for bringing this practice into your community
Typical Daily Schedule
- 06:00 – 09:00am Meditation, Pranayama, Asana
- 09:00 – 10:00am Breakfast
- 10:00 – 11:00am Spiritual Lesson, Daily Intention
- 11:00 – 12:00pm Yoga Sutras / Yoga Anatomy
- 12:00 – 1:00pm Special Topic
- 01:00 – 3:00pm Lunch
- 03:00 – 6:00pm The Art of teaching/ Art of touch
- 06:00 -7:00pm Dinner
- 07:00 – 8:00pm Satsang (Sacred Gathering)
- 08:00 – 9:00pm DreamTime
A Day in the Life Video: https://youtu.be/WvYYWV_LjpE