Why Join An International Yoga Teacher Training Immersion
9 Reasons to Join an International Yoga Teacher Training
Students join our international yoga teacher training courses for a variety of reasons. Learning to teach yoga is just one of them!
Whether it is your intention to embark upon a teaching path or if you join for your own personal intentions, there are many benefits to receive through an immersive experience. Read more about our 21 day yoga immersion programs.
1. Now Yoga
If you are contemplating joining a Yoga Teacher Training, you may be wondering if you are ready. A 200hr Yoga Teacher Training is the first step on a lifelong journey of studying these practices as well as integrating them into a holistic lifestyle. These immersions are an opportunity to explore the practices of yoga in depth. If you are interested in learning more about postures, alignment, breathwork, meditation and philosophy then now is the time to commit to your practice and cultivate lasting changes in your life.
‘Atha Yoga Anasunam’ – Now Yoga~ Patanjali Yoga Sutras 1.1
2. Deepen Your Practice
Joining an immersion program, allows you to break away from daily distractions and cultivate the time and space necessary to dedicate yourself to your practice and to integrate the experience fully. This path asks for dedication, discipline and courage to look deep within to uncover truth and authentic connection. We relate these teachings to the modern day yoga practitioner so that these ancient philosophies are relevant to the world in which we live and we can truly live this practice in every step.
During the course you will deepen your knowledge through:
- Daily Practice – experience and embody each pose
- Pose Analysis – learn benefits and contraindications
- Art of Alignment – cultivate anatomical and energetic alignment
- Art of Touch – practice assists and energetic touch
3. Expand your Knowledge
Yoga is more than just the physical practice! We will go beyond yoga asana and explore yoga history and philosophy, anatomy, alignment, yogic diet, Ayurveda, kirtan, mantra, meditation, pranayama, kriya, healing arts and more while tapping into the expansiveness of this practice. The experience will be richly informative, empowering and inspiring while opening the door to explore the many facets of this practice. Our Yoga Teacher Training will provide a foundation on:
- Kriya – yogic cleansing exercises
- Meditation – mental stillness and the experience found within the stillness
- Philosophy – bring the practice beyond the mat and live more consciously through indepth studies of Patanjali Yoga Sutras.
- Ayurveda – The ‘sister’ science of yoga focuses on keeping the body in balance to prevent and cure ailments
- Kirtan – Bhakti (devotion) through songs and chanting
- Yogic Energy System – Learn how energy manifests and moves through the body
4. Self Empowerment
We offer this yoga immersion experience as a means to self-inquiry, transformation and as a path to live your most authentic truth. This is the time to ask yourself your deepest questions, to peel back the layers of conditioning and to reveal the light within. This training offers the time, space and support to examine the way in which we perceive and relate to the word around us. Through daily spiritual lessons, self inquiry, discussions, exercises, ceremony and study of ancient texts, we uncover our path to self realization and empowerment on our life’s journey.
5. Personal Transformation
The deepest essence of our yoga teacher training courses is the process of personal transformation.
Throughout the course we use the physical asana practice along with the stillness of meditation to cultivate an unrestrained connection to our emotional & energetic states, our shadows and past experiences, and to our spiritual connection. We view yoga as a path to self-realization, union, bliss, conscious connection, deepened awareness and mindful living. Throughout this process we explore different paths to Union including movement, song, dance, chanting, ceremony and more! We offer this yoga immersion experience as a means to self-inquiry, transformation and as a path to live our most authentic truth.
6. Spiritual Community
Our 21 day YTT immersion course creates an environment to dedicate oneself to daily practice and study with the support of community. Each training brings together groups of like minded, talented and inspiring individuals from across the globe. Everyone is accepted, supported and encouraged through their process. With this community, a comfortable safe space to facilitate growth and expansion on all levels is formed.
This journey together cultivates trust and connection that creates lifelong friendships. Through this group dynamic, we are able to witness and hold space for each other’s process, learn and share together as teachers and students and all find deeper ways to walk the path of yoga. In this journey, we embody yogic living, fully immersing ourselves in the experience of living and breathing this practice on and off our mat with our beloved community as our unwavering support system.
7. Sharing Yoga
A 200hr Yoga Teacher Training will prepare you to share yoga and touch the lives of those around you. Teaching yoga is an opportunity to share your wisdom with a receptive audience and to cultivate lasting changes in the lives of your students. Our curriculum is designed to empower you in your self practice and to develop teachers who are powerful space-holders. We create a solid foundation upon which the trainee can build upon in becoming a knowledgeable practitioner or safe and confident guide.
8. Intentional Travel
Our 21 day Yoga Teacher Training immersions are held in sacred locations around the world. The energy of these locations contributes to the energy of each program. Each place offers deep ancient wisdom and cultural tradition that we thread into the course.
- Sacred Valley, Peru – Experience the beauty of the mountains, valleys and culture of the Peruvian indigenous communities. Learn about Peruvian Ceremony, Earth Medicine and harmonious living.
- Pacific Coast, Costa Rica – Experience the Pura Vida lifestyle on the beaches of Costa Rica where world-class surf meets the abundance of the jungle. Learn about sustainability, flow and purity.
- Ubud, Bali – Experience the island of the Gods, an oasis of Hindu culture and natural beauty, where spirituality and love are infused into each moment. Learn this path of devotion through ceremony, offerings and heartfelt gratitude.
- Lake Atitlan, Guatemala – Embrace the beauty and culture of the Guatemalan Highlands on the mystical Lake Atitlan. Surround by 7 volcanoes this majestic land is sometimes called “the land of eternal spring.”
9. Develop Healthy Habits
With the daily discipline cultivated through 21 days of practice and yogic living, you will develop healthy new habits to take home with you! Daily gratitude practices, intention setting, meditation, yoga and clean eating will leave you with a solid foundation to incorporate yogic living into your daily life. The new found energy, transformed perspective and healthy outlook created through these daily rituals will be encouragement to continue these practices beyond the YTT.