Costa Rica | 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
Please review the following information as you begin to prepare for your
Yoga Teacher Training Course in Mal Pais, Costa Rica.
This training will be held at Indigo Yoga Resort in Mal Pais, Costa Rica.
Indigo Yoga Resort, Mal Pais, Costa Rica
It is important that everyone make full tuition payment before the training begins. Please remember there is a cost for Tuition and a separate cost for Room/Board (price varies).
If you still owe tuition or room/board payment, please contact us immediately to reconcile your bill. Thanks for your prompt payments: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tent: 1 bed in 3 person share: $1,155 Click Here
- Shared Triple: 1 bed in spacious 3 person share: $1,680 Click Here
- Shared Double: 1 bed in 2 person share: $1,785 Click Here
- Single accommodation: $2,625 Click Here
You can book your international flight to San Jose International Airport (SJO) Costa Rica.
DIRECTIONS TO INDIGO YOGA RESORT
Mal Pais / Santa Teresa is approximately 5.5 hrs from San Jose International Airport. It is possible to fly, drive, shuttle or bus. During the drive to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa, there is a 1hr 30 minute ferry boat with beautiful views and a cafe onboard.
By Bus: Every day at 6 am and 2 pm there is a public bus from Downtown San Jose, the bus station is called “7-10”, its $15. This bus is direct (gets on the ferry with you and then you reboard the bus after the ferry ride) it will arrive in Santa Teresa at the “CRUCE” at 12 noon or 8:30 pm. From there you will need to get a taxi to INDIGO YOGA RESORT, 2 km South of “the Cruce.” The buses are very comfortable, Class A style.
By Shuttle: Montezuma Shuttles 2018 Time Table & Pricing:
(gets on the ferry with you and then you reboard the shuttle after the ferry ride)
By Rental Car: check www.Orbitz.com for car rentals from San Jose Airport Costa Rica to Mal Pais or Playa Carmen. Please check the Paquera ferry times here. The cost for the ferry is approx. $20USD for one car including driver. The cost is approx. $1.50 for each additional person.
We recommend travel insurance from World Nomads. Check with your local insurance provider first to see if you are insured while traveling.
Travel Booking websites: It is a good idea to try booking tickets on a Monday, as the prices tend to be a bit cheaper. Flights that leave midweek can also be less expensive
There are two ATMs and banks located 2 km from Mal Pais at the ‘Cruce’ in Playa Carmen
Current rate is approx. 600 colones to $1 USD
On the first day of the training there will be an optional yoga class from 4 to 5:30 pm. We suggest to arrive between 2 pm and 4 pm. We will have dinner at 6:00 pm followed by our opening ceremony at 7:00 pm.
On the last day of the training we will finish by 10 am.
Our daily schedule will generally be:
- 06:00 am – 08:00 am Meditation. Pranayama and Asana practice
- 8:00 am – 8:30 am Light Snack, Smoothies, Fruit
- 08:30 am – 10:00 am Beachtime, Surfing, Studying, Relaxing
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am Brunch
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Spiritual Lesson, Intention of the day
- 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm The Art of teaching/ Art of touch
- 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm Snack and Pool
- 03:00 pm – 4:00 pm Special Topic
- 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm Yoga Sutras / Yoga Anatomy
- 06:00 pm – 7:00 pm Dinner/Self Sadhana
- 07:00 pm – 8:00 pm Sacred Circle
- 09:00 pm DreamTime
Every 5th day is an off day. There will be 3 days off during the training. Excursion options include:
- Waterfall Hikes
- SUP Tours
- Massage/Spa services
- ATV rental
All extra activities vary in price, most can be arranged through the hotel on arrival or the day before your planned excursion.
SICK DAYS/MISSED DAYS
We will make arrangements to make up any missed days during the program. Typically, it is not a problem and you can get everything completed during the course.
There are a few required books for the program.
- SPY Yoga Teacher Training Manual – we will have it waiting for you at the training site.
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff – purchase at Amazon or your local bookstore.
- Yoga Sutras by Dennis Hill or any other Yoga Sutras book – purchase at Amazon or your local bookstore.
*Additional books that you may be interested in can be found on the SPY website
Laundry is available onsite through Indigo Yoga Resort. Laundry will be done in 24 – 48 hours. Laundry is charged by the Kilo and is approx. $8/ Kilo
The amazing meals at Indigo Yoga Resort are all vegetarian with many vegetable grown onsite in the organic garden. If you have certain dietary needs or restrictions, please let us know (i.e., gluten, dairy, nut preferences sensitivities or allergies.)
Filtered water will be provided in the rooms, the yoga studio and the cafe. In general, do not drink tap water in Costa Rica without first purifying.
We recommend you consult with your doctor prior to your trip to get any questions answered.
WHAT TO PACK
- Refillable Water Bottle
- Bathing suits
- Sun Block
- Biodegradable shampoo, soap, etc
- All-natural bug repellent (All Terrain, Herbal Armor and Burts Bees are great!)
- Lightweight, long-sleeved shirts and pants
- 5 yoga outfits
- T-shirts and shorts
- Headlamps and flashlights
- Yoga Mat, yoga towel
- White or other ceremonial dress
- Any snacks/superfoods you like between meals
- Musical Instruments
- Art Supplies
- Journal and pens
- Course Textbooks
If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us by phone or email. Also, we would love to know how you found out about us, so when you send us your flight information, please let us know how you discovered Sacred Paths Yoga! We are looking forward to having you here, ready to embark on this life changing journey, shedding away our layers to become our truest self.
The Sacred Paths Yoga Family