COSTA RICA INFO SHEET
Please review the following information as you begin to prepare for your Yoga Teacher Training.
We suggest Arriving to Costa Rica at least 1 day before the course.
- Indigo Yoga Resort, Mal Pais, Costa Rica
- (+506) 2640 1007
Please remember there is a cost for Tuition and a separate cost for Accommodation. All payments are due no later than 30 days before the course starts. Thank you for your prompt payments.
If you still owe Tuition or Accommodation payment, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not already reserved your room of choice please email us to let us know which room option you would prefer. We will send you an Email-Invoice for payment.
If you would like to book extra nights before or after the course please email IndigoYogaResort@gmail.com and they will help to book your extra nights.
We suggest booking your international flight to San Jose International Airport (SJO) Costa Rica. It is also possible to fly to Liberia International Airport (LIR).
DIRECTIONS TO INDIGO YOGA RESORT
Mal Pais / Santa Teresa is approximately 5.5 hrs travel time from San Jose International Airport. It is possible to fly, drive, shuttle or bus. During the drive to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa, there is a 1hr 20 minute ferry boat with beautiful views and a cafe onboard.
$50 USD ***we recommend this option***
Shuttle picks you up at the airport or your hotel and bring you to the ferry. The ferry ticket is included in the total price. You will need to embark the ferry with your bags. Once the ferry has completed its trip you will disembark and meet the shuttle on the other side. The shuttle will take you the rest of the way directly to Indigo Yoga Resort or to your local hotel.
Try www.Orbitz.com for car rentals from San Jose Airport Costa Rica to Mal Pais / Playa Carmen.
Please check the Paquera Ferry times here. The cost for the ferry is approx. $20 USD for one car including driver. The cost is approx. $1.50 for each additional person. It is suggest to buy your ticket online through the website once you have the license plate number of your car since they limit the amount of cars on each ferry. Arrive to the ferry at least 30 minutes before your scheduled departure.
PRO TIP: Budget Rental Car is the only rental company that will allow you to waive the insurance and use the insurance on your credit card.
San Jose Airport (SJO) >>> Tambor Airport (TMU)
From the Tambor Airport it is approx. 40 minutes by taxi to Indigo Yoga Resort. This is a very small landing strip and there are always taxis waiting however you can book a taxi with Indigo by contacting them with the info above. Flight begin at $60 USD one way.
FROM SAN JOSE TO MAL PAIS/SANTA TERESA
- Monday-Saturday at 6:30 am & Sundays at 3:00 pm
- From the San Jose Downtown Bus Station: “Terminal 7-10”, its approx $15 USD one way.
- This bus is direct (gets on the ferry with you and then you re-board the bus after the ferry ride) it will arrive in Santa Teresa at the “CRUCE” at approx. 12 noon (M-Sat) or 8:30 pm (Sun.) The buses are very comfortable, Class A style.
- From there you will need to get a taxi to INDIGO YOGA RESORT located 2.5 km South of the “CRUCE.”
FROM MAL PAIS/SANTA TERESA TO SAN JOSE
- Monday – Saturday at 7:30 am & Sundays at 2:00 pm
- Bus picks up on the side of the road starting in Santa Teresa with the final pick up at the “CRUCE” Bus will take you to COBANO (30 minutes) where you switch to the Direct Bus to San Jose Airport. The Bus drops you off at the airport before continuing to the Terminal 7-10 station Downtown San Jose.
Playa Carmen and neighboring Santa Teresa are the biggest nearby beach towns and have many hotels, hostels, restaurants, stores, surf shops, ATMs and Doctor offices/Urgent Care Center. It is about 2.5 km to Playa Carmen and 3 km to Santa Teresa.
There are two ATMs and banks located 2.5 km from Mal Pais at the ‘CRUCE‘ in Playa Carmen
Current Exchange Rate is approx. 600 Colones to $1 USD
COVID ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- There are no COVID requirements to enter Costa Rica at this time.
*If you need a Covid Test to leave Costa Rica and Re-Enter your home country we will be organizing for the doctor to come give tests at Indigo Yoga Resort in the final days of the course. The cost for Covid Tests near the beach is approx. $150 USD. The price in and around San Jose City is approx. $80 USD.
We do suggest paying travelers insurance if your personal insurance does not cover you when traveling.
TRAVEL BOOKING WEBSITES
Use the following Search Box to find your Hotel/Hostel before or after your course in Costa Rica!
- On the first day of the course checkin begins at 2 pm. If you need to arrive earlier your room may be ready or you can leave your bags with the office at Indigo Yoga Resort
- We often have an optional Yoga Class at 4 pm.
- We will have dinner at 6:00 pm followed by our opening ceremony at 7:00 pm.
On the last day of the training we will have morning practice, breakfast and will finish by 10 am. You can book your return shuttle directly with Indigo Yoga Resort. If taking the Class A bus you will want to be at the bus stop at least 15 minutes before the bus pickups at 8 am and 2:30 pm in Santa Teresa/Playa Carmen.
Our daily schedule will generally be:
- 06:00 am – 08:00 am Meditation, Pranayama & Asana practice
- 08:00 am – 10:00 am Breakfast, Beach, Surfing
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am Spiritual Lesson
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Special Topic
- 12:00 pm – 01:00 pm Anatomy or Philosophy
- 01:00 pm – 03:00 pm Lunch and Break
- 03:00 pm – 06:00 pm The Art of teaching/ Art of touch
- 06:00 pm – 07:00 pm Dinner/Self Sadhana
- 07:00 pm – 08:00 pm Sacred Circle Satsung
Every 5th day is an off day. There will be 3 days off during the training. Excursion options include:
- Waterfall Hikes
- SUP Tours
- Massage/Spa services
All extra activities vary in price, most can be arranged through the hotel on arrival or the day before your planned excursion.
Please be careful on off days when renting ATVs/Motorcycles when participating in Zip Lining or Surfing. All these activities may result in injury. There are no refunds once the course has started if you are injured on an OFF DAY. We strongly advice against renting ATVs due to the high crash rate.
We will make arrangements to make up any missed days during the program. Typically, it is not a problem and you can get everything completed during the course. If there is a circumstance where you need to complete hours after the course there may be additional charges to compensate the teachers and administrators time.
There are no refunds once the course started. This includes for students who may become sick or injured (onsite or offsite.)
- SPY 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Manual – we will have it waiting for you at the training site.
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (There are many authors to choose from we suggest translations by Dennis Hill, Nischala Joy Devi, Satchittananda, Brahmananda Saraswati or BKS Iyengar)
*Additional books that you may be interested in can be found on the SPY website
Laundry is available in Playa Carmen next door to the Super Ronny Market or in various locations in Santa Teresa.
The amazing meals at Indigo Yoga Resort are all vegetarian and mostly Vegan. If you have certain dietary needs or restrictions, please let us know (i.e., gluten, dairy, nut preferences sensitivities or allergies.)
Filtered water will be provided in cafe and the yoga studio. In general, do not drink tap water in Costa Rica without first purifying.
We recommend you consult with your doctor prior to your trip to get any questions answered.
WHAT TO PACK
- Refillable Water Bottle
- Bathing suits
- Sun Block
- Biodegradable shampoo, soap, etc (Indigo does provide soaps)
- All-natural bug repellent (All Terrain, Herbal Armor & Burts Bees are great!)
- Lightweight, long-sleeved shirts and pants
- 5 yoga outfits
- T-shirts and shorts
- Lightweight Rain Jacket (May – November)
- Headlamps and/or flashlights
- Yoga Mat or Yoga Towel (There are mats available to use but we suggest your own mat)
- Ceremonial Outfit (white or other)
- Any snacks/superfoods you like between meals
- Musical Instruments
- Art Supplies
- Journal and pens
- Course Textbooks
If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us by phone or email. Also, we would love to know how you found out about us, so when you send us your flight information, please let us know how you discovered Sacred Paths Yoga!
We are looking forward to having you here, ready to embark on this life changing journey, shedding away our layers to become our truest self.
The Sacred Paths Yoga Family