The Wise Woman
Elemental Embodiment Training
30HR Wise Woman Training
Join us for a 30 hr continuing education program for yoga teachers and students of all levels. May our practices become living prayers in motion. Join us as the ceremonial doors open to greet you where you are at. All are welcome, all are held in love, light, and beauty.
Designed & Inspired by Women for Women.
It is time we return to a time where the voice of the feminine is honored, and where we as teachers, healers, and leaders, honor the great Mother Earth and all of her children once again. We offer this space as both a training and an immersion into the practices of yoga, the elements of Nature, and our relationship to the cycle of Life from a Native perspective. This training is perfect for students of yoga who wish to connect deeper to the elements of the Earth, learn simple techniques to begin making our own medicines, practice together with other women around the world, and for those wishing to strengthen their bond to the feminine within their circle and community. We have the opportunity to learn from Native Elders who carry their ways since the time of their ancestors. They share with us generously and invite us into their cosmovision with love and kindness. Together we create a space that is deeply nourishing and transformative.
May this 5 day journey be a seed planted in your heart that grows in service to your own life, to your loved ones, and to your extended community around you.
What to Expect
- Teachings from Lakota Elder Crystal Shields aka Iron Rope
- 5 yoga practices crafted for the elements
- Introductory teachings for yoga and the female cycle
- Songs and Mantras to carry you in your daily life with prayer
- A mini manual and workbook to carry with you for life
- Recordings of each class and lecture to have at home
- The support of other sisters and woman to share their experiences and learn together globally
- Do – it yourself medicine crafting and self care rituals
- Recorded meditations for each element and cycles/phases of women
- Foundation teachings for creating your own practices as living embodied prayers
- Rituals to honor the elements and your female cycle
- Explore the power of sound & its connection to your womb as a gateway for your personal power
Upon completion of the coursework and evaluation, participants will receive a certification of completion for our 30hr Wise Woman Course. For those that are Yoga teachers this will then enable you to register with Yoga Alliance for Continuing Education Credits (YACEP.)
About Your Guides
Srimati Alyra Hughes aka ‘Sri’ and Crystal Shields aka ‘Iron Rope’ are delighted to share this week of woman’s wisdom with you.
Srimati Alyra Hughes aka ‘Sri’, has been facilitating yoga trainings for over 10 years and is passionate about bridging the gap between our elders and the future generations emerging now. She supports indigenous nations throughout the Americas and Mexico and is here to foster embodiment through our primary teachers in yoga, the elements, the body and the Earth herself. And, she is excited to create a safe space for women to remember how to listen to their intuitive wisdom of their bodies and natural cycles while creating fun, simple sequences on the mat to experience that wisdom.
Crystal Shields aka ‘Iron Rope’, comes to us from South Dakota and represents her Lakota people. Traveling internationally to share her wisdom, Crystal offers her ancestral knowledge for the benefit of all beings. She is a true wisdom keeper & shares her teachings generosity to the world. We are blessed to have her join us at this time.