Ashtanga Namaskara | 8 Limb Pose
- Asht = eight
- Anga = limb
- Namaskara = salutation
- Strengthens the arms, wrists, and spine
- Increases flexibility
- Opens chest and shoulders
- Relieves low back tension
Modifications and Props
- If you are experiencing discomfort in your lower back or neck, only bring your chest as far down as you can without causing pain.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Carpal tunnel syndrome, or a recent neck, shoulder, elbow, or wrist injury
- Women who are pregnant should avoid practicing this pose after the first trimester.