Utkata Konasana – Goddess Pose
- Utkata = Powerful or Fierce
- Kona = Angle
- Stretches the hips, groins and chest
- Strengthens and tones the core muscles, quadriceps and inner thighs, as well as the shoulders, arms and upper back
- Heats the body and increases circulation
- Creates more room in the pelvis
Modifications and Props
- Rest both hands on the back of a chair.
- Rest one hand along a wall to the side of the body.
- Do the pose with your back against a wall.
- Warrior 2
- 5 Pointed Star
- Utthita Pārśvakoṇāsana
Contraindications and Cautions
- Chronic or recent injury to the hips, legs or shoulders